Thursday, September 3, 2009

"A bad morning may have prevented an unforseen accident...."

These are the words from my Gramma as I was emailing back and forth with her about my crazy morning I had had yesterday. I do have to agree with her on this...I guess everything happens for a reason even if it doesn't fit into our schedule!

My evening was much more enjoyable than my morning. I picked up Beau from daycare and Vicki had given me a bucket of apples from her apple trees. So, after dinner and after Beau and I had our evening walk, chuck helped me peel and core apples and I made a batch of apple crisp. As I was making it, I was thinking about my friend Joni's comment she made on her blog about enjoying the simple things in life. That was what my evening was all about. Seeing my son crawl to me when I picked him up from daycare and seeing the joy on his face when he saw me, going home and having dinner with my boys, enjoying a nice long walk with beau while he blabbed away, smelling the aroma of the apples baking while making apple crisp and enjoying the cool air while the windows were open last night in the kitchen...these are the simple things I was able to enjoy last night. Even though it was a crazy, busy morning, my night ended peacefully and I was able to once again thank God for this wonderful life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to be better about enjoying those simple moments. It is so easy to get caught up in un-important worries and frustrations. Thanks for the reminder and a well written post ! :)

Joni said...

That is what it is all about! So glad you had a great evening! "Serve with Joy" IT all happens for a reason.. We have to have bad days to really know the joy in the good ones!!