Wednesday, September 2, 2009

IS iT NapTIMe yeT??

I'm sure many of you can relate to the type of day i'm having today! It started out just fine...I woke up at 6am- which by the way is a little earlier than the norm. I got myself all ready for work, fed my little man, gave him a bath and before you know it we were out the door. By this time, I was already running 15 minutes late (how does that happen when I thought for sure I'd be early??!!) and I still had to pick up my friend and coworker terra. I'm heading down the road, take a sip of my coffee and bam...the lid falls off and there's HOT coffee all over me and my seat. So, 10 miles down the road, I turn around and head home so I can change my clothes. I pull in the driveway, chuck's already outside waiting outside for me (weird how he knew something was up) and asked if there was anything he could do to help...I said "nope" as I'm undressing and rummaging around the house...into a new pair of clothes I go and a quick kiss out the door and I'm back on the road again....this time I'm in 'Martha Mode.' Yes, I'd be referring to Martha Stewart- "get it done" mode. So I'm driving down the county road and it dawns on me that I don't need to pick up terra today, she's at our other location...ah a sigh of relief. But now it's 7:45 am and I'm still about 20 minutes from work....called my daycare lady to let her know I'm late and not to worry. I pulled into Vicki's around 8:05 am and she was gone- she had to run her boys to football practice so beau and I hung out and played while waiting for her arrival. She arrives- again a quick kiss out the door to beau and away i go to GIS. I finally arrive at GIS - as my coworker is calling me worried - at 8:35. What a morning! This little Martha is tired and is wondering, "Is it naptime yet?" I do not like getting out of my morning routine, which I'm sure many of you can relate to. All day I've felt like I've been running around with my head cut off. It's 2:15 now, and I'm really looking forward to picking up beau, heading home and enjoying a nice evening with my boys. Enjoy the rest of this crazy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Patti said...

I hear ya sister!!!!!!!
Keep your chin up Martha!!